✞The God i know✞

He is the God who is alive. Pure and righteous and Holy. Light of the city, strengthens the weak, loves me and poured abundant blessings into my life, the only One who is able to give eternal life. Jesus, only Son of God, was crucified because of me, my sins. It is all because of Him, ALL because of Him, i can live this new life. I want to commit all my life to God. I want to be more and more like Jesus. It's all because of Him, i am saved. Therefore, follow Him and acknowledge this grace.







Matthew 4:17



"From that time on Jesus began to preach 'Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near.' "



Monday, August 9, 2010

Prayer

Picture taken from http://beaconforlife.blogs.com/pastoral_coach/book_reviews



Matthew 6:5-7

v5 "And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full."

v6 "But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."

v7 "And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him."

This prayer time and personal relationship is something that is very important to my own spiritual growth and God must really love the time i commit to Him. But nor is Him satisfied. So i want to spend more time with my heavenly Father. To really spend time in my room, worshiping Him and giving praise to God alone. I want more of You. More of You.

Action: Today onwards every night i will commit at least one to two hours to God. To really have time beforehand and prepare myself, clear out my mind, my worries, lifting them to God, and really increase my intimacy with God. :)