✞The God i know✞

He is the God who is alive. Pure and righteous and Holy. Light of the city, strengthens the weak, loves me and poured abundant blessings into my life, the only One who is able to give eternal life. Jesus, only Son of God, was crucified because of me, my sins. It is all because of Him, ALL because of Him, i can live this new life. I want to commit all my life to God. I want to be more and more like Jesus. It's all because of Him, i am saved. Therefore, follow Him and acknowledge this grace.







Matthew 4:17



"From that time on Jesus began to preach 'Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near.' "



Sunday, April 21, 2013

My salvation testimony

Hello. My name is Jennifer and I am graduating this year from Ngee Ann Polytechnic. I would like to share my salvation testimony and a lesson I learnt recently. I grow up in a Christian family and my father told me about Jesus since I was very young even though we didn’t go to church every week. However, I did not have proper understanding of the bible and God. Being an only child, I was self-centered and hardly show any concern and respect to my parents, but sometimes I just follow my mother to go to a few different churches from time to time. I did not continue because I felt that it was foreign to me and I did not managed to understand why I have to do such activities. When I was in secondary school, my cousin invited me to his church for an Easter service. The pastor shared about Jesus and the message triggered my heart to believe that Jesus truly died for my sins out of His love for me and I prayed a prayer to accept Jesus into my life. The pastor shared about God’s love for men, even though men are so sinful and ungrateful. God’s love was to the extent of sacrificing Jesus in exchange for my life. This unconditional love attracted me to God and I realized it must be God who led me and took care of me all the time. Since then I considered myself a Christian. However, due to the lack of proper fellowship with God, my heart turned cold and I shifted my attention to my studies and other areas of my own interests instead. My time was mainly invested in my own interests and pursuing good academic results. But these did not satisfy my heart’s emptiness because they are without future goals. It was then when I desired to go back to God. On the other hand, I did not know what I could do, because I have no one to help me to get back to God since I left my previous church. By the grace of God, He sent a friend into my life, who is a Christian and she taught me to memorize the scriptures. She subsequently met up with me and I enjoyed the time with her. She then introduced me to The Navigators in Ngee Ann Poly, and after I joined, I could see how God clearly loves me and overtime I developed the habit of reading God’s Word daily along with the sisters in the fellowship. The consistent fellowship with the sisters also gave me a good environment to grow and build my faith through many encouragements and proper steps and attitudes of studying God’s Word and obeying His commands. All these helped me to grow in learning who God is. Recently through quiet time with God, I was reminded of the importance to let God be the One to continuously cleanse my heart and thoughts. In Acts 9, God was able to change the heart of Saul, who later was called Paul, so that he can be used for advancing God’s kingdom rather than continue persecuting believers. Saul was not someone who was perfect and done anything good for God, “But the Lord said to Ananias, “Go! This man is my chosen instrument to carry my name before the Gentiles and their kings and before the people of Israel.” (Acts 9:15) I was reminded that I can never know how greatly God will be able to use a person’s life for the mighty works in His kingdom. Therefore, I can have the reason to pray with faith for people’s life and my own life to be useful and fruitful for God, whether in terms of bearing evangelical fruits or fruits of the Spirit, rather than to be discouraged by what I see by sight. I am really thankful for God’s abundant grace and mercy in my life. Just like what was said in John 1:16, “From the fullness of His grace we have all received one blessing after another.” Please pray for me that I will be alert to allow God to use me as a channel of blessings to others around me, especially to those who do not know God. Thank you.